During the next few weeks, you will be hearing a lot about Biden’s Build Back Better (BBB) Bill. This piece of legislation will move the country closer to a socialistic authoritarian government. The BBB plan is 2,435 in length, making it almost impossible for the average American to gain the impactful knowledge this bill will have on you and your families.
Congressman Jim Banks, U.S. House Representative from the great state of Indiana has issued a “cliff notes” version of what he and his staff consider to be of his greatest concerns and most damaging to our Country. Congressman Banks’ abbreviated list contains 35 new policies that could potentially cost what Biden routinely describes as “free” or “zero cost”, as high as $4 trillion. We have carefully reviewed Congressman Banks’ list and have provided the ten initiatives we consider to be the worst of the worse.
10 BBB “Worst of the Worst”
As you review the following, please ask yourself how does this initiative help build back America Better? How does this impact the freedoms I enjoy today? What will be the impact on me and my family?
- Includes new incentives for illegal immigration: Illegal immigrants will be eligible to take advantage of Democrats’ new ‘free’ college entitlement as well be eligible for additional student aid and the enhanced child tax credit. (Our comment – no mention of these monies being made available to American Citizens)
- Includes legislative hull for Biden’s vaccine mandate: Increases OSHA penalties on businesses that fail to implement the mandate up to $700,000 per violation and includes $2.6 billion in funding for the Department of Labor to increase enforcement of these penalties. (Our Comment – will result in jobs loss, will increase unemployment, and even worse this is an authoritarian trait of a socialistic harsh method of enforcing self-serving laws while diminishing your freedoms)
- Drives up costs on Americans’ utility bills: Issues a punitive methane tax and includes a tax on natural gas up to $1,500 per ton that could cost the American economy up to $9.1 billion and cost 90,000 Americans their jobs. (Our Comment – while Biden continues to lie by stating the BBB will cost “zero”, create jobs and those making less than $400k annually will not see a tax increase, American families will be paying a lot more for goods and services as inflation continues to rise. This will be most damaging to the lower income families, those that the Democrats claim to be the savior.
- Gives wealthy Americans tax credits: $222 billion in “green energy” tax credits will be given to those who can afford expensive electric vehicles and other “green” innovative products. (Our Comment – if you can afford to go out and purchase a $125K Telsa, this one will not concern you)
- Grants amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants: House Democrats have included in their reconciliation bill a plan to grant amnesty to around 8 million illegal immigrants at a cost of around $100 billion over ten years that would largely be spent on welfare and other entitlements. Trillions more would be spent long term on their Social Security and Medicare. (Our Comment – if the Democrats cannot grow their support base by enacting laws that benefit American citizens, they will do everything possible to purchase a new support base, and yes you will help pay for it)
- Opens border even wider: The bill would waive many grounds for immigration inadmissibility, including infection or lack of vaccination status during a Pandemic, failure to attend removal proceedings in previous immigration cases, and the previous renouncement of American citizenship. DHS may also waive previous convictions for human trafficking, narcotics violations, and illegal voting. (Our Comment – many Americans will lose their job for rejecting the Vax, you would be in jail for a long time for human or drug trafficking. Most of the ridiculous line items in this bill should be considered independently by Congress. The Dems are rolling ever bad policy that was previously considered and failed into one BS BBB Plan. Again, an obvious attempt to build the future Dem voting bloc.)
- Increases energy dependence on OPEC, Russia and China: The bill prohibits several mineral and energy withdrawals. It overturns provisions included in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that authorized energy production in the Arctic that will result in 130,000 Americans losing their jobs and $440 billion in lost federal revenue ( and the mineral withdrawals it prohibits would, ironically, include minerals necessary for renewable energy sources. (Our Comment – this only reinforces Conservatives’ belief that the Biden administration has no interest in enhancing America’s defense capabilities. While Russia, China, Iran and South Korea are becoming more militarily powerful, America is quickly becoming a big target. Why spend trillions on things like free college for illegal immigrants, while the aggressive nations of this world are viewing the U.S. as a softer target?)
- Lowers wages for working families: The corporate tax rate will increase by 5.5%, meaning American companies will face one of the highest tax burdens in the world. According to analysis, two-thirds of this tax hike will fall on lower- and middle-income taxpayers. (Our Comment – perhaps not a direct tax to the American public but be assured you will bare the burden of paying the tax levied via this corporate tax. Unemployment will dramatically increase, and inflation will only become much worse)
- Imposes crushing taxes on small business: Guts the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act small business deductions that reduced pass-through entity taxes to keep them comparable to taxes imposed on corporations as well as hammer small businesses that file as individual tax earners with the 39.6% rate and Obamacare’s 3.8% tax on net investment income. (Our Comment – did you know that Small Businesses are the source of the most jobs in our country? These crushing taxes will force many small businesses to go out of business. Those that survive will pay much higher prices for raw materials and labor, thus passing these costs to the consumer. Therefore, this becomes an additional variable in the rising inflationary rate.)
- Violates Americans’ financial privacy: $80 billion slush fund to hire an 87,000-IRS-agent army to carry out the Biden administration’s plan to review every account above a $600 balance or with more than $600 of transactions in a year. (Our Comment – This is perhaps the most glaring example of Biden’s attempt to move America to an authoritarian socialist government, one that ensures continued power way into the future and employees gestapo style enforcement to comply. Your freedoms will be severely eroded)
Congressman Banks summed this BBB proposal much better than we could have. “Each of the 35 bullets is enough to vote against the bill. Taken together—it’s mind-blowingly corrupt. We need to loudly oppose it,”
“It’s not an understatement to say this bill, if passed, will fundamentally change our country forever—Americans will wake up in a few years and wonder what happened to their freedom”.
The Time to Act Is NOW
I am going to be inappropriately direct with you. What concerns us the most is that many conservatives are sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what happens next. Only 28% of Republicans eligible to vote in the Wilmington Municipal Election, exercised this right. It is time for all Americans to become “woke” to the idea that the Democrats are quickly moving to completing their plan to install an enduring socialistic government in America.
We can longer merely play the roll of spectator. We must all become a part of the movement that will prevent the BBB legislation from becoming law. This is not a scare tactic. This is our new reality. We invite you to read the BBB and draw your own conclusions.
We must all reach out to members of Congress and voice our strong objection to this legislation. We have said this many times, we will draft the letters, email, texts for you. All you must do is send.