“In an official memo, Attorney General Merrick Garland has pledged to mobilize the FBI against parents protesting critical race theory in public schools, citing unspecified ‘threats of violence’ against school officials. This is another overreach by the Biden Administration in restricting your freedoms to speak out. No, it does not have to be hostile or threatening, it merely must be a voiced disagreement with a group of individuals that you voted into office. You must bow at their podium and admit they know more about what is good for your children than you do as a parent. And, if you don’t, you could quickly become a “domestic terrorist.”
This is the second post we’ve shared with you in the past few days. Why would we keep beating this drum? This is one of the clearest examples of the Biden administration’s move to implement an authoritarian, socialist government. There is not another politician on the planet, well maybe Putin, that would be so out of touch as to label concerned parents of America as “domestic terrorists.”
Let’s examine how we got to this ridiculous situation and what we can do to stop it.
- The National School Boards Association (NSBA) suggested in a letter to Biden that some parents should be prosecuted under the PATRIOT Act and federal hate crimes legislation.
- As pointed out in an article,” Liberals were losing the argument over critical race theory in schools — time to call in the FBI” by Christopher F. Rufo, “the school board association letter is riddled with falsehoods, errors, and exaggerations. It begins with the claim that “critical race theory is not taught in public schools,” despite a vast body of evidence showing that CRT is widespread in public schools.”
- “The NSBA deliberately misrepresents debates at school board meetings as “threats” and sometimes vociferous and angry speech as “violence.” The letter refers to dozens of news stories alluding to “disruptions,” “shouts,” “arguments,” and “mobs” but, contrary to its core claim, cites only a single example of actual violence, hardly the justification for a national ‘domestic terrorist’ investigation”.
Why the Draconian actions by the progressive left? Simple, they are losing this battle and board members are being exposed for exactly what they are, progressive left-wing liberals who believe that America would be a better country if it was a large, authoritarian socialistic government.
- “Despite the school board association’s flimsy pretext, the Biden Administration is doing its bidding. Garland’s memo instructs the FBI to coordinate with “federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial law enforcement” to develop plans to “discourage these threats, identify them when they occur, and prosecute them when appropriate.”
- “For months, critical race theory proponents, including teachers’ unions have struggled to respond to critics, and new survey data now shows that strong majorities of all racial categories oppose CRT in public schools. But as their standing in the polls has collapsed, the education establishment has turned to more heavy-handed tactics.”
- “The suggestion that parents might be engaging in ‘domestic terrorism’ is designed to suppress speech and assembly and to justify the further federalization of education policy”.
Here is what you can do to fight this ridiculous and transparent overreach by the Biden Administration.
- “Parents should not let this overreach deter them from speaking against CRT in their schools. This battle is no longer only about CRT; it is about protecting the basic rights of speech, assembly, and voter control over the country’s public institutions.”
- Continue to attend Board of Education meetings, challenge their rhetoric and continue to search for the truth. Remember one tactic, a favorite of our NHC Board of Education, is to continue to deny that CRT is included in school curriculum.
- We are almost one year away from the 2022 election. There will be four NHC Board of Education seats on the 2022 ballot. Don’t forget the lies the NHC Board has expected you to believe, don’t forget how this Board has treated you as an uniformed and gullible parent, and remember how they voted on the issues that are of great concern to you, a responsible and concerned parent.
- Continue to visit the newhanovergop.org website to stay informed.
- Consider joining the New Hanover County GOP and become a member of our continued fight to make America great again.
- Please consider making a small contribution to help us continue the fight. Thanks in advance.
FROM WILMINGTON TO WASHINGTON- they will hear our voice.
We want to invite you to attend the next GOP County Meeting. The meeting will be held on October 28th, starting at 6:30 PM is a meet and greet, the meeting starts at 7:00 PM. The location is the Spring Hill Baptist Church Reception Hall, 801 N. College Road, Wilmington 28405.
Please vote in the upcoming Municipal Election. Vote for: Jonathan Uzcategui, Luke Waddell, Charlie Rivenbark and Bill Saffo.