It’s time to speak out for your child’s education
In a recent article by AMAC Newsline, it was reported that former Attorney General Barr argued that “the greatest threat to religious liberty in America today” is “the increasingly militant and extreme secular-progressive climate of our state-run educational system.” The left-wing curriculum being taught in government-run schools, Barr argued, is so aggressively anti-Christian—and indeed anti-religious—that it represents a violation of the constitutional rights of Americans of faith.
He cited two examples:
- Transgender ideology is permeating public schools across the country. Barr referenced a coloring book distributed to schoolchildren in Iowa public schools which told them that “Everyone gets to choose if they are a girl or a boy or both or neither or someone else, and no one else gets to choose for them.”
- Critical Race Theory is becoming a new fixture of the public-school curriculum and is fundamentally incompatible with the Christian worldview, just as traditional Marxism has been widely recognized as diametrically opposed to Christianity.
Several states have recognized public schools’ initiatives to introduce transgenderism, Critical Race Theory, equity, white privilege, social-emotional learning, Marxism, and several other tag names the school boards apply to achieve their goals. As a result, ten states have passed legislation to prohibit these types of curricula in their schools, with many more in the process of introducing similar legislation. Parents across America have recognized that this Biden-backed agenda has become a primary objective of the liberal left’s agenda to transform the culture of America.
Parents are not quietly accepting this indoctrination of their children.
There is a mass movement of organized parents and concerned citizen groups who have chosen to firmly stand against a curriculum that counters the beliefs and ideology of American families. A perfect example is recently in Texas 9,000 parents and concerned citizens showed up at a county Board of Education meeting to ensure the Board was made aware of their position on this issue.
If you think that New Hanover County’s (NHC) Board of Education is not considering a similar introduction of curriculum that Attorney General Barr discussed, you would be wrong! If you are concerned about what is being taught in NHC schools, you have an opportunity to join the hundreds of other concerned NHC citizens to make a difference.
What can you do?
Here are some things that you can do to make an enormous difference:
- Attend the next Board of Education meeting, currently scheduled to begin at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, June 8, 2021, and join others to demonstrate that you oppose the introduction of a curriculum that includes misnomers such as equity, social justice, white privilege, social-emotional learning, CRT, etc. The meeting location is 1805 S 13th St, Wilmington.
- Go to the Board’s website and sign up to voice your opinion during the Board meeting. You can also stand with others to demonstrate your opposition. There will be other opposition groups in attendance who fully support white privilege, social justice, CRT, etc. It is important that concerned NHC citizens have an equal voice.
- Share this information with family, friends and other concerned citizens.
Please continue to visit the recently revised newhanovergop.org website to learn more about this issue and many others that will impact you, your families, and all concerned NHC citizens.