Recently, parents and other concerned citizens of New Hanover County (NHC) have organized a non-partisan group, (“Kids First Alliance”), to challenge the Board of Education to prevent the introduction of Critical Race Theory (CRT) or related curriculum into the schools of NHC.
“Kids First Alliance” leadership has pointed out that numerous articles have been written about Critical Race Theory, which is generally defined as follows:
The Falsehoods of Critical Race Theory
- If you are black, you’re being held back because of white supremacy. You can’t succeed.
- Skin color determines whether you are a victim or an oppressor.
- Equity means we need to dismantle structures rooted in white advantage.
- The 1619 Project: One of the primary motivations of the Revolutionary War was to preserve slavery (hundreds of historians have disproved this).
- This makes our founding principles evil. You should not love this country.
- Racism and dividing children against each other.
- Capitalism needs to be dismantled.
- The police are systemically racist.
CRT is the bigotry of low expectations of black children.
“Kids First Alliance” supports just the opposite for every single child:
- Color Blindness and fulfillment of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s dream, “that one day we will be judged by the content of our character and not the color of our skin.”
- Acknowledgment of the sins of our past, but not to be shackled by them so we can’t move forward.
- Patriotism and love for country
On Saturday, June 5, 2021, from 9:30AM to 11:00AM, founders of the “Kids First Alliance” will provide more in-depth information about what CRT is, what it is not, and what other parents’ organizations across the country are doing to fight it. There are several effective practices that have proven to be successful. “Kids First Alliance” asks that you please attend the training session to learn more about CRT, and how you can become a part of a critical movement to prevent this from becoming a part of NHC schools’ curriculum.
Meeting Date, Time and Location
Saturday, June 5th
9:30AM to 11:00AM
1319 Military Cutoff Rd, Unit BB,
Wilmington, NC 28405
All are invited to attend, and to forward this post to friends, family, and neighbors.
You are asked to please RSVP to Liz Kramer, (910) 262-2300, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org