Black Lives Matter (BLM) The Topic Everyone is Afraid to Talk About
If BLM’s desired goals and political objectives mirrored those being reported by most of the news media outlets, there would be no reason to peel back the onion and take a more analytical look at why BLM’s organizational actions do not match their rhetoric. As reported in a recent Washington Times article, “The goals of Black Lives Matter and its radical ideology”, raises the question, “how many mainstream reporters have bothered to delve into the background and founding principles of the rapidly spreading organization to which even White CEOs are contributing gobs of money in an attempt to protect themselves and their businesses from any potential charge of racism?”
Most Americans are only aware of the BLM movement when an African American is unfortunately shot or has sustained injury, or in some cases even death, as a result of bodily harm inflicted by a police officer. This is when you hear the outcries of Maxine Waters, LeBron James, Rev. Jackson, Al Sharpton and more recently, leaders in the current Administration.
If true “justice” were the only goals and objectives of BLM, that is something everyone could and would support. However, the Washington Times has courageously researched and reported information that others were even afraid to talk about in the backrooms of their offices. The following are taken from the Times article, and should cause most citizens to, at a minimum, reevaluate any preconceived notions they may have had vis-a-vis BLM.
- According to the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty, the founding principles of BLM include a guaranteed minimum income for all Black people, free health care, free schooling, free food, free real estate, gender reassignment surgery, etc.
- According to the New York Post, “Black Lives Matter co-founder, Patrisse Cullors said in a newly surfaced video from 2015 that she and her fellow organizers are ‘trained Marxists’.”
- More and more students are being taught in both universities and public schools by professors and teachers who embrace the political and social aspects of BLM doctrine.
- BLM’s foundational principles and goals seem closer to those of China and the former Soviet Union.
- In a recent Fox News Report, Cullors, during a panel discussion at Harvard University, called for the end of Israel. Further stating, “Palestine is our generation’s South Africa. If we don’t step up boldly and courageously to end the imperialist project that’s called Israel, we’re doomed.”
BLM is something much larger than an organization calling for social justice reform and defunding of the police. This is clearly an organization that shares the current Administration’s movement towards a socialist government. The tentacles of BLM have reached beyond the borders of America and have become involved in foreign policy. Shortly after Hamas launched hundreds of rockets into Israel, BLM vocally came out in support of Hamas.
We are slowly, or not so slowly, losing the America that we knew just a few short months ago. If ever there was a time that all conservatives must unite and stand together, it is now. Please continue visiting the New Hanover County website for continued updates and consider becoming a member of our TEAM.
The Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty, which self-describes as “an ecumenical, nonprofit research organization that promotes the benefits of free enterprise to religious communities, business people, students, and educators.